Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hearing "I love you" The difference between Men and Women


Is it just me or does it seem like women and men hear the exact same things but process them differently?

I am 40 years old and have been with the same woman for almost 30 years and through some sort of astronomical mishap have never won an argument whether I was right or wrong. There have been times where I was completely right but in some sort of cosmic fluke I ended up being the one to apologize and make up first. How the hell do women do that? Make you feel bad for wrong, stupid or crazy things they have done? Whoever made up the rules needs a Pulitzer prize for manipulation.

I remember one time my wife took my car and got it stolen and somehow placed the blame squarely on my shoulders for having the audacity to wash the car the previous day. I of course found this theory insane, and heres the important part, voiced this opinion and got to fight for 40 minutes directly and 14 years indirectly. Her reasoning was that I turned off the Alarm while washing it and never turned it back on. My reasoning was, "How come you didn't press the clicker on the keys when you went in the store, you insane bastid?" Her theory won, we both agreed and I apologized. Not from being sorry, I still felt I was right. I apologized simply because I had learned earlier in life that sooner or later I would need clothes or food or sex or ? and If I didn't lie down for this she more than likely wouldn't later. Women are like fire, the best thing ever but will change everything if you cross it.

I truly think that the act of hearing I love you, means different things to women. To men it means nothing more than the relationship just got trickier and more delicate and it will be a bit harder to do anything you love. To women it seems to mean I won. Now I can roll my sleeves up and really get to work on you.

If that sounds rude or incorrect then you are obviously a woman.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: